Friday, December 03, 2004

Sandals = Guys?

My strappy sandals broke today.
Again...another pair.
Looking back I think i broke what, 4 pairs already in less than 2 years?
ANd yet everytime, every single time I go back to buying strappy sandals.
I like how they look, and how they are comfortable and doesnt feel stifling on my feet...

Everytime I buy a new pair of strappy sandals, there will be a little nagging voice in my head
that wonders how long these sandals will last...so I wait and wait and wait...
and when nothing happens I am always so relieved that I have made the right choice,
and always glad that I have found myself a nice pair of sandals that will last me for some time.

And then it breaks.

Maybe, maybe my choice in sandals are just a reflection of my choice in guys.
Always the same look, and always, always, the moment I start feeling this could be good between us,
it breaks.

Either they turn out to be jerks who doesnt give a damn and straight away rejects you,
or they are indecisive fools who finally tells you they like you when the moment is SO over and
leaves it at that (I mean what the hell is that about? If you like me..so...? What happens
then? Why you just leave it at that??!!), or they are the kind that you love so much they end up being
your best friend or something, and when that happens you KNOW there is NEVER ever going to be a
relationship between you both, because the moment he sees you as their best friend, they stop
appreciating you.

I am serious.

When you are a guy's best girl friend, it means:
- It's ok for them to put you down in front of other friends
- It's ok for them to turn you into the topic of their jokes
- It's ok for them to refer your looks as the same benchmark for the term "ugly hag"
- It's ok for them to forget your birthday
- It's ok for them to refuse to acknowledge something nice that you have done for them,
instead they put it down on the "Of course I deserve this I am her best friend" excuse
- It's ok for them to be insensitive towards your feelings
- It's ok for them to make jokes about your flaws (Uhm...are you sure the pc is not working? Have you
tried turning on the switch? *big guffaws at what a brilliant joke this is*)

...and the worst thing is you're not expected to get angry or pissed because when that happens,
you're being "unsporting" and basically it's YOUR problem for not being able to take a joke,
not theirs for not being to tell a good joke.

When you are a guy's best girl friend you never get calls or sms from them, and if either of
you are gonna keep in touch or know what's happening with each other, you know that the responsibility
of picking up that phone is always always gonna fall on you.

Guys are like strappy sandals.

The moment you feel comfortable in the sandals, and you trust that the sandals won't let
you down in the long run, they DO...they break.

And you are left...with shoeless feet, and each time the sandals break it gets harder to walk...

But walk you do...and you go on getting the next pair of sandals, and hope and wish that...
...these pair of sandals won't break as easily as the last pair...

...because strappy sandals break, they do, they always do...

it's just a matter of when & where & how...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home