Monday, December 13, 2004

1 NIght in Zouk KL

Yup..my story isnt over yet:P

After that brilliant Hanson performance, the guys (the exact same ones who went on and on about HAnson but came anyway..ugh!) INSISTed in going to Zouk KL so, what choice do I have? After all, I was following my friens's ride and she was joining as well so...

Anyway for those who don't know, Zouk KL is supposed to be the most happening nightspot in KL...its pretty new, and looking at the outside, it really does look pretty impressive :)... A shining, colour-changing globe that is nestled at the foot of the beautiful and brilliantly-lit Petronas Twin Towers :)...

Now I am not much of a clubbing person, in fact, I don't like it at all:P All the smoke, and the thumping music that I can't even bop my head to, leat alone dance to:p...I remember I even slept in a nightclub once, I was so bored (plus I had a splitting headache:P), to the shock and horror of JC ("This girl can sleep ANYWHERE!") :P

So you would understand if I was not really looking forward to the Zouk outing, despite the place being famous and all, but went I did, and it turned out to be quite a different experience :)...

It turns out that that night was actually "Ghetto Heaven", so the DJ was playing songs from the likes of Usher, Destiny's Child, Kelis etc...your regular Hitz.Fm Staple :) Not bad really and I thought the music was really good...at least tunes that you can dance to! :) And the best thing was that the DJ didnt play the whole song, he usually played until the 2nd chorus or something and then played a new song....so people never got bored with the same song and just kept on dancing ....And the DJ says something like "Now let's get bak to old skool!" and they started playing some older songs...(more like Mix FM now:P)..but the songs were still very good to groove to...like "Jump", and "Play that Funky Music White Boy"...even Queen's "We Will Rock You" that everyone sang along to ;)...

Lesson #1 : I finally understand how people can spend hours and hours clubbing...cuz the songs keep spinning...and you keep on dancing ;)....

And it was a good and sporting crowd..you know that part that goes "ay-o-ay-o-ay-o" in Jamelia's "Superstar"? Well, the whole crowd sang that part cuz the DJ purposely turned off the music when that part comes along...it was amazing...and they did the same thing with the Queen song, and also Nelly's "Hot In Here", which was a big crowd favourite judging from the reactions :P...

Lesson #2 : I finally understand how people can get high and have fun in this kinda place...when the crowd is right and the atmosphere is there, fun is so very infectious in the sea of people :)

So, yup a club that played good music (in my opinion:P). But I guess it was for that night only cuz normally they played techno music (I heard)...the DJ that night was actually Joe Flizzow, one half of the local Malaysian hip-hop duo Too Phat, and I think another DJ was a guy from RuffEdge (another local hip-hop outfit)...so I guess I am kinda lucky I stumbled in on a "Ghetto Heaven" nigh (hmmm...I don't really fancy the name though ;P)

And I did loads of one of the things I like to do : People Watch.

It's really urban Malaysia I guess...a side that I never saw...it was like a scene from the movies..all these people in their great clothes and dancing like there's no tomorrow....I remember there was this guy with an Afro in baggy tracksuit looking outfit waving his arms and rapping along to fatman scoop...these 2 ladies in flowery tube dress standing on a table dancing to "Lose My Breath" by Destiny's Child...probably some guy's wet dream or something:P...and this guy all in red with these fancy shades (isnt the place dark enough already?:P)... So yeah..it was..really like a scene from the movies:P...

But you know how in movies there is this handsome guy who catches you eye from across and you feel the electric running between you? SO did not happen:P

BUt there was something about Zouk that I totally cannot stand-
The smoke.

Gosh I didnt know so many people smoked!!! It was a veritable chimney :P And when I got back I could smell smoke on me wverywhere...my hair (needed 2 washings + conditioner to get the smell out!), my jeans, gosh even my bra! Ugh...I can't believe it...and yes, naive as it may sound, this is the side of Malaysia I have never seen, excessive smoking :P

So..after my 1 night in Zouk, I figured...I will never be a part of the "In" crowd:P

After all, if being part of the "In" crowd includes stuff like smoking, going clubbing everyday,dancing till dawn and getting really really drunk...and not being a HAnson fan... I don't think I want to be part of the 'In " crowd:p

I'd rather stay at home (in my smoke-free clothes thanks very much), and read a good book while listening to some Hanson songs ;))

Boring? Maybe...but just me:P




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home