Saturday, September 30, 2006

Looking Back...

It's the weekend!!!! :) Having used to work on Saturdays and the occasional Sunday / Saturday night as MOD on my previous job, I really really appreciate that I get both Saturday and Sundays off now :) Despite the tons of work-related reading materials that I have to go through before the weekend is over (as usual leaving them to the last minute), I am determined to update my blog :P So here goes..........

Update #1 : Making A Difference


(l-r) Loke, Jess & Ah Tiann

Ah Loke....I remember when we were in Uni together, you used to say that you envied me with all my activities and travels in AIESEC...you said you wish that you were brave enough to pursue something that you really wanted to do...and so you have! :) I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you for doing what you do, and I am so glad that your efforts as a voluntary teacher in Cambodia was highligted in the AEC show (Thanks Ah Tiann for SMSing and asking me to tune in;)) Just want to say I really enjoyed your narration of the show, and seeing the the simple ways you and your fellow colleagues lead your life, going on with nothing more than the firm belief in the importance of education, I only have this to say to you:

I am humbled, and I am inspired. Thank you, for TRULY making a difference. :)

Update #2 : Farewell to Imperial

What exactly is a "Lazy Susan"?

How does one apply for HRDF claiming after we have finished an in-house training?

Who are the behind-the-scenes people who make a wedding reception a success?

...are just some of the questions I got answered during my stint at Imperial Hotel :P Aside from these answers, I take away from the experience lots of smiles, memories of some wonderful tasting chocolate eclairs ;), the occasional not-so-good memories when faced with some blatant unfairness, and quite possibly, a bunch of lifelong friends :).......


This was how my old desk looked like :).....


With Mr Don, my sunny CEO :)


Imperial Hotel's HR Department - Jess & Rebecca Tie :)


Both of us leaving Imperial Hotel....Jess & Rebecca Hii (she was having a tough time to smile since it was her last day:P)


Office ladies : Jess, Sylvia, Ms Lee, Tracy, Rebecca and Rebecca


With another office lady :) Lorna was on vacation when I left Imperial....


Sweet sweet Tracy...taken by Jess ;)


Every morning I get greeted with a long-drawn "Leng Loiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" from this guy - Darren :) (picture courtesy of Darren @ http://wuichi.blogspot.com)

Miss you guys loads................:)

Update #3: My Sayang Over There...


Here's a picture of my Sayang in Yellowstone Park...He will be going to the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas this weekend along with his ex-housemate who is also in US on training... I have given him permission to go to any strip clubs should he wish to (as if he needs my permission:P), but I have told him that I will not stand for any getting married at some 24-hours-service chapel with an Elvis look-alike as the pastor:P.....sigh...really miss you a lot sayang...can't wait to see you again, which I hope will be soon soon...:)

Update #4: New Job

Don't feel like talking about it:P . Suffice to say that no tears were spared last week....ah well as they say, when you're down, the only way is UP yes?;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home