Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Moment

My mind is still on "High School Musical".

There is a scene that I cannot forget, and it leaves me feeling slightly melancholy.

At almost the end of the movie, the 2 lead characters, Troy & Gabriella were supposed to sing in front of practically the whole school for their high school musical audition.

As the opening bars of the piano starts, Gabriella freezes.

She turns to Troy, and says "I can't do this, Troy, not with all the these people staring at me."

And he grabs her hand before she leaves the stage and says quietly, "Hey hey hey, look at me...right at me, right at me. Like the first time we sang together, remember?

And then they sing...:)

Ok so I know that scene has been done before in a thousand different ways in other Disney movies:P but I still love it...it's something that I wish for really.

That you can look at me and know at a glance my insecurities, and know just what to say to make it all all right.

But life is not like a High School Musical is it?

5 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Though i don't know when's the exact date but i would guess 16Oct? Haha not much work needed to guess anyway

Yeap I remembered the time i watched that movie, i need to be somewhere else, and i couldn't get my eyes of the tele, i was runnin late, but then i just have to watch the ending. i had one leg outside the door and everything ready with my eyes locked on the tele, my my.. well i grew up watching disney movies, and it gets me everytime, no matter how cliche it might all seem : ) guess you could relate, not everyone could you know haha

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the wish:) yup that's my birthday...and I share it with John Mayer, one of my fav singers!:P (okie tats like a very random fact:P)

My gosh I can't believe you were glued to the TV:P the way you describe it sounds like you're in a Disney movie yourself ahhaha...it will be the 1st scene (before all the titles & actors' name roll) where the lead character is absolutely glued, then he leaves for high school in a rush cuz he's late,and some really cool song plays in the background as the opening credits start to roll:P....hmm I'm not sure if I'm making sense but I sure hope you can relate ;)

Thanks for always dropping by my blog and take care!:)

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jess,

Haha i totally understand wat you mean! how bout adding a piece of toast on his mouth, then rushes out of his house, with his mum frowning and shaking her head *when will he grow up* Then the music starts to kick in while he greets the neighbour hastily and running to high school. haha and then the finale of the opening theme, he bumped into his crush and then time just slows down and you know there's something in both their eyes, and then the title comes out haha

so how's your new work, seems like you having time to post some stuffs on your blog and catch a movie, that's great!

take care and may the disney child in you live on, forever!

cheers!

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Jason,

Do you moonlight as some Disney movie writer or something?:P hahah cool scenario man can so imagine it :)....

My new job is...I still don't have the words to describe it:P I can't really say I have settled in yet as I get lots of assignments and its all different things so everyday I learn something new lah...if you notice I mostly blog on the weekends, 1 great thing about my new job is I get 2 days off, so yeah I do get more time to chill out :)

As for blogging, it's a conscious choice of mine to keep my blog constantly updated, I don't want it to be an abandoned blog so I make it a point to write..:)

And you? where are you now and how you're doing? anyways whatever it is take care & all the best!:)

Jess

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger The Who said...

hahahah

only some parts are like High School Musical, err.... but none for the musically-challenged like me ler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home