Monday, September 29, 2008

Cheerleader Vs Goth

I wonder how much heartbreak can the human heart sustain before losing faith? Uhm....I suppose that probably depends on the person, and the amount of faith they had to begin with.

I have been in two serious relationships, with wonderful, genuinely good guys, but unfortunately both didn't work out. The Cheerleader Jess in me (ponytails, short skirt, poms poms and all) constantly chirps at the side :"It's ok dear! You'll do just fine! Tomorrow's a great day!!! :)" but once in awhile the Depressed Jess (the one with the Goth make up and dark clothes) whispers "Dude, there must be something seriously wrong with you that you can't work things out with even the nicest guy..."

Anyway, the other day a friend told me that his friend, who has been to Sarawak before, said that the Iban people are "nice". When I asked him to elaborate on "nice" he said "Nice as in pretty, and nice nice..."

In a stroke of self-deprecating genius I said :"Oh no wonder I'm not marriet yet,I'm only half-Iban, not so nice..." (as opposed to my 100% Iban cousin who just got married recently >_<), to which my friend laughed...

Still...these are just thoughts for tonight, I'm sure it will come to pass, as all things do in the end.

Besides, I never like Goth make up anyway ;p.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home