Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Quarter Century

Quarter Century old, and I'm the poster girl for "frazzled". Talk about visible signs of aging=p

Been wanting to jot down some thoughts in this blog for the past couple of weeks but I always end up not doing so, partly because I'm too tired to look at the computer screen at the end of the day, and partly because some things are felt too much to really be able to give it any justice with words alone.

October saw me turning a quarter century old... There was not much fanfare, but I was lucky to get the day off since the company gave us 2 replacement off days for the Raya holis which fell during the weekend...any day away from the office is a good day in my books ;) Wishes came in from the Bears and a few close hometown friends, and also my induction mates. I received a birthday cheese cake from my insurance agent (talk about customer service!=p), but the best pressie of all was Sayang's company! :) He came to visit me for a week and we spent the Raya weekend in KK, where, bless his heart, he totally indulged me by accompanying me to shop for the whole weekend =D I know, I know KK has lots of other more worthwhile sights and scenes to savour aside from the shopping, but I figured that can wait until I have the luxury of having a 1 week holiday, which will give me ample time to explore its hidden jewels. For the weekend I was just content with pampering myself to some good ol' retail therapy ;) The saddest thing about the whole things is just the saying goodbye part when he had to go back....leaving me in a melancholic state which I'm not really sure I have fully recovered from :( Sigh.....it's funny how being in this long distance relationship is both the easiest and hardest thing to do at the same time...

On another sombre note, granduncle passed away yesterday. Mom and Dad and Grandma are in Skrang already for the funeral and all that, while Sis and I are left behind at home. The news did not come unexpectedly, but just a bit lost in terms of what to feel. Skrang is a good 8-hours drive away so I haven't seen much of Granduncle in the last few years (except for Christmas last year where our family had what I would call the great Sarawakian Road Trip, all the way from Miri to Kuching;)), so most of my memories of him are the distant, childhood ones...

So yeah, October's been kind of cloudy, save for the few precious rays of sunshine that shone through once in a while. Here's hoping the new month will see more sunny days, or even better, , rainbows after the rain ;)

1 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Muhaimin Zamri said...

y make urself sound so old? rather than quater of a century y not "5 to the power of 2" years old...hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home